Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ultimate: A Guide For The Less Intense

In high school I played Ultimate frisbee a few times and found out it was too much running for me. In fact running in itself is too much for me and that is why I swam, but that's another story for another time. However, when I got to college I made a master strategy on how I could play Ultimate, win, and most importantly have the minimal amount of running. Essentially I would stand in the end zone....I think that's what its called in ultimate. Oh well I play the game I don't speak it. Long story short, It was a great success when I would stand in the designated scoring area. I actually enjoy the game and here is my guide to you. YOU'RE WELCOME. First we'll start of pretty basic here is what is called a catch.

Notice the key part of a catch is that the frisbee is firmly in the hand with the fingers clasped around it. Boy that sentence have a lot of funny words in it, frisbee, finger, and clasped. Haha okay back to frisbee. If you fail to secure the frisbee it is called a drop.
Now you'll notice that the frisbee is not in my hand and this is highly frowned upon the catching world much like clubbing baby seals is frowned upon by the good people world. Therefore do not club baby frisbees, that's your life lesson for the day. Sometimes people are bad at throwing and you must use the technique of jumping to catch the baby seal...wait what?

See feet off the ground and once again the baby frisbee seal  is secured. This is how it would look if you did it wrong.
FAIL! This is when your team should laugh at you and make you cry! Its because they love you and sorta due to the fact that you're bad at everything you do. Do not fret for there is an easy way to catch. This technique is called the gator much like those dicks in Florida do to cheer on their teams. Too bad they don't have anything to cheer about since Tebow got drafted HA! *Disclaimer: I don't hate everyone from Florida just the one's I don't like so if you're from Florida I might even like you...In the way that I'm not a creeper. Wow this is a long disclaimer huh? Guess I can say anything with out getting in trouble well in that case* Back to frisbee! So basically the gator is when you catch the frisbee with one hand on the top the other on the bottom.
So simple but effective. Unfortunately I have come across people that will still drop the frisbee.
They have no hope and should probably roll around in some toxic waste in hopes of becoming some sort of Octopus monster.

I think his freckles are cute! I promise to get better at drawing octopus monsters. What was this post even about? I have no clue...IMOFFMYMEDICINE!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment